An aspiring baker/ pastry chef, storing and sharing recipes I find.
Happy World Vegetarian Day!
Here are 20+ Food Ideas for you to try:
1. Portobello Mushrooms are a Vegetarian favorite. Learn how to cook them: 3 Ways.
2. Mushrooms in general are amazing! Prepare Shitake Mushrooms. Make Wine-Based Sauteed Mushrooms. Make Mushrooms in Beer Batter. Make Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms. Or simply learn to Cook Mushrooms in over 10+ Ways!
4. This Tofu Ginger Spread is easy and great for many occasions!
6. There’s also DIY Vegan Pepperoni.
7. Or Tempeh Bacon.
9. Add Vegetarian Chili to your burger, or have it as a standalone dish!
10. Vegan Chicken Salad.
12. Fry it up: Vegan Fish and Chips.
13. This Creamy Avocado Pasta is savory enough on its own - you’ll forget meat altogether!
15. Make Vegetarian Eggplant Lasagna.
16. Cook Vegetable Curry.
18. Make Chili Lime Chickpeas for a satiating snack.
Lembas Bread (Lord of the Rings “authentic” Elvish bread)
2 ½ cups of flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
¼ teaspoon of salt
½ cup of butter
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
½ teaspoon honey
2/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
½ teaspoon of vanilla
Preheat oven to 425F. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add the butter and mix with a well till fine granules (easiest way is with an electric mixer). Then add the sugar and cinnamon, and mix them thoroughly.
Finally add the cream, honey, and vanilla and stir them in with a fork until a nice, thick dough forms.
Roll the dough out about 1/2 in thickness. Cut out 3-inch squares and transfer the dough to a cookie sheet.Criss-cross each square from corner-to-corner with a knife, lightly (not cutting through the dough).
Bake for about 12 minutes or more (depending on the thickness of the bread) until it is set and lightly golden.
***Let cool completely before eating, this bread tastes better room temperature and dry. Also for more flavor you can add more cinnamon or other spices***
as someone who has baked these A LOT
They are REALLY GOOD
and I am reblogging this because I KEEP LOSING MY RECIPE
(via specialagentbrianzeller)Don't Blink
Ferrero Rocchierre Chocolate Cupcakes
Fuck Me Sideways and Bake these for me.
Then Feed them to me slowly. While we’re naked.
I would eat the entire game before anybody wins.
NO. WHENEVER YOU CAPTURE ONE OF YOUR OPPONENT’S PIECES, YOU GET TO EAT IT.
this is basically beer pong for a vulcan
Marzipan Smaug atop a treasure of golden sprinkles and rich chocolate souffle. As fun to eat as he was to make!
My roommate and I made peppermint macarons with a chocolate ganache filling. I’ve had peppermint extract lying around for ages and we finally found a good use for it! This was my first time making them and I’m so happy with how they came out! Much thanks to The Cake Bar for posting an amazingly detailed troubleshooting guide!
Looks great! so glad the tutorial helped! They look very professional! Here is the tutorial they used!
(via gladysandrea)A Wonderful Life
looks like a lot of good help!
(via gladysandrea)cake cake cake
Different knifes and their uses.
okay but which one is best for killing fascists that is what I really want to know.
I have surrounded myself with the right types of ppl and I am pretty happy about that.
(via fiercezombies)The More U Know